Level 3: 18th Edition Wiring Regulations Course
3 Days £355.00 EAL : Level 3
The IET Wiring Regulations 'BS7671' 18th Edition Full and Update courses available on request.
The core of the 18th Edition course will remain very similar to the current 17th Edition course with some key changes and new content, but we expect the course still to be delivered over three days including the exam.
Topics covered on the 18th Edition course will include...
- Scope, object and fundamental principles
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
Plus, due to changes within BS7671:2018 there's additional new content including...
- Modifications and additions to Parts 1 and 2
- Chapter 41 Protection against electric shock contains a number of significant changes
- Protection against fire - Chapter 42 has extra information on arc fault detection
- Protection against overvoltages - Section 443 has been overhauled
- Chapter 46 Devices for isolation and switching has been introduced
- Part 5 Selection and erection of wiring systems sees many alterations within its Chapters 52, 53, 54 and 55
- Part 6 Inspection and Testing has been restructured and renumbered
- Part 7 has many alterations and one new Section 730 Onshore units...
- Plus, Floor and ceiling heating systems - Section 753 has been extended to include embedded electrical heating systems for surface heating, include de-icing and frost prevention systems.
- The model forms in Appendix 6 have minor changes to the EIC and condition reports
- New Appendix 17 covering energy efficiency
* This list is not exhaustive and is just a summary
- Online access to course materials and practice exams.
- Free lifetime 18th Edition amendment updates...
If any amendments to the 18th Edition are released we will give you free online access to any new training materials or courses. Keeping you up to date throughout the lifetime of the 18th Edition.
This course takes place over three days.
The centre training times are Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. With breaks for coffee and lunch (Note: lunch is not provided).
Weekend and evening training is available on request (subject to availability).
NOTE: There may be a one day update course available for anyone with the 17th Edition 'Yellow book', but this will need to be confirmed closer to July 2018.
Exams and Assessment
On day three of your course you will take a two hour, sixty question, online multiple choice exam. You will be able to take your 18th Edition Regulations book into the exam as this is an assessment of your ability to use and reference the book.
Please remember to bring photographic ID such as a passport or driving license with you in order to sit any exam or assessment.
Learners must be over 18 years old.
Books You'll Need
Books are not supplied with your training and you will need a copy of the current edition of the Wiring Regulations 'BS7671:2018' to complete this course and exam. Click here to purchase a copy.