Level 3: Initial Verification - Inspection & Testing Course
5 Days £460.00 EAL : Level 3
This Level 3 course will enable you to understand the principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of both single and three-phase electrical installations.
Its contents covers the skills and knowledge necessary for the inspection & testing, commissioning and certification of electrical installations. Such as...
- Health and Safety requirements
- Requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- Requirements for inspection of electrical installations
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for dead testing
- Requirements for live testing
- Completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Factors that affect conductor resistance values
- Common earth fault loop paths
- Methods for verifying protection
- Requirements for determining fault current
Providing you with an understanding of the practices and theory involved in the initial verification and commissioning of electrical installations.
This course takes place over five days.
The center training times are Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. With breaks for coffee and lunch (Note: lunch is not provided).
Weekend and evening training is available on request (subject to availability).
Exams and Assessment
At the end of your training on day five you will have two exams to take...
An online multiple choice exam consisting of fifty five questions.
And four practical assessments where you will undertake the inspection and testing involved with initial verification.
Please remember to bring photographic ID such as a passport or driving license with you in order to sit any exam or assessment.
Learners must be at least 18 years old
Learners will also need to hold the latest Wiring Regulations qualification
It is recommended that learners hold a level 2 inspection and testing qualification or have previous experience and knowledge of inspection and testing procedures.
* We also recommend that learners with no experience complete our online Inspection & Testing Workshop first. (NOTE: The workshop fee is deductible from the cost of this course on your successful completion). Click here for more details
Books You'll Need
Books are not supplied with your training. Click here to purchase.
You will need a copy of the IET's Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing to complete the course and for your exams
A copy of the Wiring Regulations and an On-Site Guide will also be needed.