Level 3: Initial Verification and Periodic Inspection & Testing Course
7 Days £670.00 EAL : Level 3
This EAL Level 3 award is a replacement for the old expired City & Guilds 2391 qualification and is an industry recognised (JIB, NICEIC, IET, ECA etc) alternative to the current City & Guilds 2391-52 electrical course and assessment. Providing core inspection and testing abilities and periodic inspection and testing skills.
Learners will acquire a good understanding of the theory and practices needed to do both an initial verification on a new electrical installation and a periodic inspection and test on an existing electrical installation.
- Health and Safety requirements
- Safe use of electrical test equipment
- Requirements for inspection of new electrical installations
- Requirements for inspection of existing electrical installations
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for dead testing
- Requirements for live testing
- Completion of Electrical Installation Certificates / Minor Works Certificates
- Completion of Electrical Installation Condition Reports
- Interpreting test results
Providing you with an understanding of the practices and theory involved in both initial verification and periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations.
This course takes place over seven days.
The center training times are Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. With breaks for coffee and lunch (Note: lunch is not provided).
Weekend and evening training is available on request (subject to availability).
Exams and Assessment
At the end of your training on day seven you will have...
An online multiple choice exam.
A practical assessment where you will undertake the initial verification / periodic inspection & test of a representation of an electrical installation
Please remember to bring photographic ID such as a passport or driving license with you in order to sit any exam or assessment.
Learners must be at least 18 years old
Learners will also need to hold the latest Wiring Regulations qualification
It is recommended that learners hold a level 2 inspection and testing qualification or have previous experience and knowledge of inspection and testing procedures.
* We also recommend that learners with no experience complete our online Inspection & Testing Workshop first. (NOTE: The workshop fee is deductible from the cost of this course on your successful completion). Click here for more details
Books You'll Need
Books are not supplied with your training. Click here to purchase.
You will need a copy of the IET's Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing to complete the course and for your exams
A copy of the Wiring Regulations and an On-Site Guide will also be needed.